Friday, July 6, 2012

The Ride of Our Lives

It's the end of a super quick and super productive week and time is just flying by!  We're all working so hard and packing our days with rehearsal and fun, it's hard to keep track of the days. 

Since it's been a while since my last post I thought I would just list a couple things that were great in the last week and a half:
- a couple of us went to an open mic night in the back yard of a castle known as Casa Loma.  It is just outside the city, took only 25 minutes to get there by subway, and it was beautiful!  The castle was built in the early 1900's by a guy with a lot of money and now has tours and other events open to the public.
- in our rehearsal facility there is a cabinet with copies of almost any Disney movie you would want to see- and we can take them home to watch anytime we want!  I have recently watched Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, and plan on watching many many more.
- Sunday July 1st was Canada Day- basically the Canadian equivalent of 4th of July.  We had a huge cookout and pretended to be Canadian (though some people in the cast actually are).
- My favorite part of our apartment building here is the open rooftop.  Any time of day we're free to go up there and use the grill, sit under umbrellas, go in the jacuzzi, or use the beach chairs to get some sun.  I've had half my meals up there just to enjoy the weather.

Some not-so-great things in the last week and a half:
- I've been going to physical therapy 2 times a week since I started feeling some back pain last week.  I'm feeling much better after taking it easy, but now I'm anxious to get back to work!
- actually that's it for not-great things!

Hope this gives a little more insight into what my days here in Toronto are like!  The cast of the other ship just left to go get on board, and we're all starting to realize that pretty soon we'll be doing the same.  Gotta make the most of Toronto while we still can!

Til next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment